Discover Kyocera Hydro EDGE Android phone resources. Find video tutorials, Kyocera Hydro EDGE manuals, user guides, FAQs, support and more.
Want to know everything there is to know about this phone? Learn everything - from setting up your email to managing all of your games and applications.
Find answers to all your questions. Get the most out of your Boost Mobile® phone; no-contract plan and add-ons. Even get helpful tips about your account and payment options.
Hydro EDGE is certified waterproof for IPX5 (protection from water jets) and IPX7 (protection from water immersion for up to 30 minutes in up to 3.28 feet or 1 meter of fresh water). The phone will not operate under water and should be dried as quickly as possible when wet. To ensure that your phone maintains water resistance, make sure the battery door is properly sealed.
Hydro EDGE is protected from dust intrusion and is certified that using the phone in a dusty environment should not prevent the phone from functioning properly.
The Hydro EDGE screen is made from high-quality impact and scratch resistant glass to protect it from most incidents related to every day wear and tear.
The Hydro EDGE Smart Sonic Receiver is a state-of-the-art Kyocera ceramic actuator that turns sounds into vibrations. By turning the sound into vibrations, your eardrum receives the sound through the ear canal and the tissue around the ear. What does this mean for you? There is no need for a traditional speaker, the phone has cleaner lines, you get improved sound quality in almost all places where the phone rests on the ear, and you get an improved ability to hear conversations clearly, even in noisy environments like a crowded airport or a soccer game. In most instances, you can even hear clearly while wearing heavy-duty ear protection.
The Eco Mode level you choose controls the use of features that can drain the battery, including screen timeout, display brightness, synchronization of applications, haptic feedback and auto-rotate screen feature. To set Eco Mode, do the following.
- From the home screen touch the Application Launcher icon.
- Touch the Eco Mode icon.
- Touch On to turn Eco Mode on.
- Touch Auto On to choose the battery level at which Eco Mode will turn on.
- Customize your Eco Mode settings by selecting from available options.
MaxiMZR helps conserve battery power with minimal impact to the usability of your phone by limiting the background data connection based on your personal usage of applications. To set up MaxiMZR, do the following.
- From the home screen, touch the Menu Key.
- Touch System Settings.
- Touch MaxiMZR.
- Touch ON to turn MaxiMZR on.
- Touch Apps to see the list of regulated applications.
Magnifont increases the font size on the home screen, launcher, dialer, contacts, incoming/outgoing calls, emails and messages. To set up MagniFont, do the following.
- From the home screen, touch the Application Launcher icon.
- Touch the MagniFont icon.
- Touch the MagniFont button.
- MagniFont is now turned on.
- From the home screen, touch the Application Launcher icon.
- Slide the APPS or WIDGETS screens to find the item you want to add to the home screen.
- Touch and hold the app icon or widget and drag it to the new location. The blue frames which appear on the screen indicate where you might place the item.
- Release your finger.
- Touch and hold the item you want to move or remove from the home screen.
- Drag the item to a new area and release it.
- To remove the item, drag it to “X Remove” at the top of the screen and release it when it turns red.
You can place several app icons in a folder. To use this feature, do the following.
- Touch and hold an app icon and drag it over another on the home screen.
- Release your finger. You can see two icons piled within a folder (a black circle).
- Touch the circle. You can see the app icons within the folder.
- Touch Unnamed Folder. The keyboard opens and you can name the folder. To rename it, touch the name.
Find answers to all of your questions about your no-contract plan and add-ons. You can even get helpful tips about your account and payment options.
GENERAL TERMS: Prices, offers and programs are subject to change without notice and not available in all markets/retail locations or for all phones and are subject to change. Offers are contingent on device selection. State and local sales taxes & fees may apply when adding funds to your Boost account. Text to 3rd parties for content and promotions may result in additional fees. Directory Assistance: interactive voice response services only. Email and Instant Messaging: available on select phones only. Domestic Coverage: Coverage is not available everywhere. Data and voice experience differs by network and by device selected; mobile broadband speeds only available with CDMA Series handsets with EVDO capabilities. CDMA Series: Nationwide Sprint Network for voice service reaches over 281 million people; domestic coverage includes the 48 U.S contiguous states, HI, DC, PR, and US VI. Sprint 3G Network for data service reaches over 276 million people. Sprint 4G (WiMAX) Series: Sprint 4G (WiMAX) network reaches over 70 markets on select devices. Unless otherwise noted, Boost 4G devices will only work on the Sprint 4G (WiMAX) network, not the Sprint 4G LTE network. Not all services available on 4G and coverage may default to 3G/1xRTT where 4G is unavailable. Throughput Speeds: Boost Mobile reserves the right, without notice, to limit throughput speeds when monthly data usage exceeds 2.5 GB. When a Mobile Hotspot plan is purchased, the data usage limit is combination of phone and Mobile Hotspot usage. Connectivity dependent upon compatibility and speeds may vary. Customers will continue to have data access but maximum speeds may be limited to 3G speeds of 256Kbps or below for the remainder of the monthly plan cycle. During this time, customers may experience slower page loads, file downloads, and degraded streaming media. Throughput speeds will be restored when your new monthly plan begins. International: International services extra. 3rd Party Content: Subscribers may purchase mobile content from Boost and also from 3rd parties on a one-time or recurring basis. Content fees will be deducted from subscriber's account balance. Subscribers are responsible for all content purchased including content purchased by others authorized to use devices on the account. Call care for information on usage controls (e.g., account blocking tools or similar features). Other Terms: Additional fees apply for number changes and market transfers. A nonzero prepaid credit balance is required at all times to access any services not included in your plan (excluding 911 and Boost Customer Care); balance cannot exceed $300.