Domestic SIM Unlock (DSU) refers to enabling the SIM slot of your device to allow you to insert another
carrier's SIM card. SIM unlocking a device will not necessarily make a device interoperable with another
carrier's network. Additionally, SIM unlocking a device may enable some functionality of the device but not
all (e.g., a SIM unlocked device may support voice services but not data services when activated on a
different network). NOTE: Not all devices are capable of having the SIM slot unlocked.
Please note, Boost Mobile devices which the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another
carrier's network or otherwise alter from its initial programming or settings may not be able to be
reactivated with Boost Mobile services.
Boost Mobile will only activate devices certified to work with Boost Mobile services. Boost Mobile cannot
unlock phones from other carriers.
General Eligibility for Unlocking
Boost Mobile will assist with unlocking a device under the following circumstances:
- The device is SIM unlock capable
- The device has not been reported as lost or stolen or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked
- The device has been active on the associated account for at least 12 months
- The associated account is active and in good standing
If you believe you meet the above requirements and would like to request that your DSU-capable device be
unlocked, contact Boost Mobile Customer Care by dialing 1-888-BOOST-4U.
Unlocking for Military Personnel
Boost Mobile greatly appreciates the service that our U.S. military men and women provide at home and
abroad. For military personnel deployed overseas, Boost has established a favorable unlocking policy, as
- The device is capable of international SIM unlock
- The subscriber is an active member of a branch of the United States military as well as family members
who are on the same account as deployed personnel
- The subscriber has been issued overseas deployment papers
- The person requesting the unlock is a current, authenticated Boost Mobile customer
- The account is in good standing
- Each phone number is allowed up to two unlocked devices within a 12-month period
Military personnel deployed overseas can contact Boost Mobile Customer Care to request to an international
SIM unlock by dialing 1-888-BOOST-4U.
Note Regarding Boost Mobile's Unlocking Policies
Boost Mobile may refuse any unlock request that would result in an abuse of these policies or is part of an
effort to defraud Boost Mobile or its customers. These policies are subject to change at Boost Mobile's
discretion without advance notice.
For devices that are not Domestic SIM Unlockable, DISH Wireless may be able to provide a Master Subsidy
Lock ("MSL") code to eligible customers.
- The MSL code was utilized with many devices manufactured prior to February 2015. While Boost Mobile can
provide the MSL code to eligible customers, this does not mean that device will be accepted by another
carrier or interoperate with another carrier's network. Whether another carrier will accept and activate a
device is subject to that carrier's policies and capabilities. Additionally, DISH Wireless devices which
the owner has attempted to reprogram or activate on another carrier's network or otherwise altered from
its initial programming or settings may not be able to be reactivated with Boost Mobile services.
Have questions? See our Frequently