Reset Your Phone
Resetting the phone deletes all data and resets the phone back to its initial state — the state before you turned on the phone for the first time. These items will be deleted when you reset the phone.
- All other email and social networking accounts
- System and application data and settings
Important: Make sure to back up important data you have on the phone to a microSD card before you perform a reset.
Reset Your Phone via Settings
- Open the Notifications panel, and then touch > Storage > Factory data reset.
- Do any of the following:
- If you want to erase all data on the phone storage, select Erase all data.
- If you want to erase all data on an installed microSD card, select Erase storage card.
- Touch Reset phone.
- Touch Erase everything. Your phone will power down and reset itself, which may take up to 10 minutes.
Once the phone has reset, it will run through the Hands Free Activation and update processes again. When finished, you will see the Welcome screen and Setup application. See Complete the Setup Application to start over.
Reset Your Phone Using the Phone Keys
- With the phone turned off, press and hold the volume down button, and then
- When the phone’s display turns on, release the power and volume buttons.
- Use the volume button to select FACTORY RESET, and then press .
All data on your phone will be deleted.