Effective date: July 18, 2014
- Information Collected
- Boost Mobile's Use of Personal Information
- Information We Share
- Network and Information Security
- Children's Privacy
- Information Choices and Changes
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Questions or Concerns
There are several ways in which Boost Mobile collects personal and other information about you. Personal information is information that identifies or is associated with a specific person, such as a name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or information about activities directly linked to that person. Personal information does not include information that is not used to identify you, including aggregate or anonymous information.
If we have trouble processing your order, the contact information you provide is used to get in touch with you. We also use this contact information to provide you with updates regarding your current phone or service and to provide you with information about Boost Mobile promotions and special offers.
Boost Mobile may offer the opportunity to participate in contests, giveaways, or other similar promotions we sponsor. Except as explained otherwise in the rules for a particular contest, giveaway, or promotion, any personal information you provide will be used in accordance with this Policy.
-Back to Top
Information from other sources: We may obtain information about you from outside sources and add it to or combine it with your account information. For example, we often receive information from the retailer from whom you purchased your Boost Mobile phone or device prior to initiating service with us. We also may use commercially available demographic and marketing information from third parties to help us better serve you or inform you about products or services that we think will be of interest to you.
We use personal information for a variety of purposes, including providing you with Services. We use your personal information to do things like:
- Process your orders.
- Protect our rights and property and those of our customers.
- Respond to legal process and emergencies.
- Develop or inform you of new products and services.
- Anonymize or aggregate personal information for various purposes like market analysis or traffic flow analysis and reporting.
- Monitor, evaluate or improve our products, Services, systems or networks.
- Customize or personalize your experience with our Services.
- Customize or personalize online advertising to bring you information about products and services of Boost Mobile or others that may interest you, including co-branded offers.
- Tell you about products or services from Boost Mobile or others that better meet your needs. More specifically, and as permitted by law, Boost Mobile may use e-mail, telemarketing, direct mail and wireless messages to inform you about products or services we think will interest you.
We do not share information that identifies you personally with third parties other than as follows:
Affiliates. We may share personal and non-personal information with affiliated entities for approved business purposes.
Boost's Service Providers. We may share personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf.
Third Party Verification Services. We may share limited personal information (e.g., address, phone number) with non-Boost entities to assist with identity verification, and to prevent fraud and identity theft.
Other Third Parties with Your Consent. We may share information with Other Third Parties with Your Consent. For example, you may agree to our sharing your information with other third parties to hear about their products and services. Use of the information you agree to share will be subject to those third parties' separate privacy policies.
Business Transfers. Personal information about you may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider. In the unlikely event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset.
Protection of Boost Mobile and Others. We may access, monitor, use or disclose your personal information or communications to do things such as:
- comply with the law or respond to lawful requests or legal process;
- respond to emergencies;
- initiate, render, bill, and collect for services; or
- facilitate or verify the appropriate calculation of taxes, fees, or other obligations due to a local, state, or federal government requirement; or determine eligibility for government benefits.
We may share information that is de-identified or in an aggregated form that does not directly identify you. We share de-identified or aggregate information for purposes such as to:
- Conduct market or traffic flow analysis and reporting or produce or facilitate production by others of business and marketing reports to share with third parties. For example, we may aggregate customer information across a particular region and create a report showing that 10,000 subscribers from a given city visited a sports stadium. If you do not wish for us to use your information to produce de-identified and aggregated data sets in the reports we share with third parties, you may opt out at any time. See boostmobile.com/privacy for details.
- With your opt-in consent only, customize or personalize advertising based on information we collect about your use of your wireless device in order to provide wireless service to you. For example, we may use information about your mobile web browsing or use of mobile applications to deliver advertisements tailored to your interests, and we may share de-identified information about your use of your device with third parties so that they can tailor advertising to your interests based on that information. To participate in this program, you must opt in. See boostmobile.com/privacy for details on how to do so.
We maintain a variety of physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. These safeguards help protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Be sure to use a strong password to access your information on boostmobile.com and not one you use for other services.-Back to Top
Boost Mobile does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. You should be aware that if you purchase a Boost services device and allow a child under the age of 13 to use it, any information collected from the usage of that device will appear to be your personal information and treated as such under this Policy.
If you have any questions about Boost Mobile's policies around children's privacy, please contact Boost Customer Care at 1-866-402-7366 FREE.
We offer you choices regarding how we contact you for marketing-related communications and whether we use information regarding your online or mobile web activities for marketing purposes. We also offer you choices regarding the use of de-identified information to make ads you see on your mobile device more relevant and to produce or facilitate production of business and marketing reports shared with third parties. Visit boostmobile.com/privacy to learn about your choices and how to register your privacy preferences with us.
You may also let us know that you do not want us to contact you for marketing purposes by calling Boost Customer Care at 1-866-402-7366 FREE. If you register a do-not-contact request with us, we still may contact you for non-promotional purposes, such as emails or wireless messages related to your account or our ongoing business relations. If you disable cookies on your Internet browser, you also may stop some collection and use of data when you visit our web sites. If you would like to change certain Boost account information, you may create an online account and manage your account online. For more information, visit boostmobile.com.-Back to Top
Boost Mobile shares personal information between Boost affiliates and marketing agents for marketing purposes. Boost Mobile does not disclose customers' personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes without your consent. California residents may request the categories of personal information Boost Mobile shared with its affiliates during the previous calendar year, if any. Written requests may be sent to the Office of Privacy - Legal Department, Boost Mobile, P.O. Box 4600, Reston, VA 20195. Boost will respond to these requests within 30 days. Requests that come to Boost by other means may result in a delayed response.-Back to Top