Boost Safe & Found is a family location, safety, and security application, which allows the user to be always connected with various devices.
With Boost Safe & Found, the user can create an account with up to 5 mobile devices and use parental controls to restrict phone usage and/or
control the use of other applications (“Safe & Found App” or “Safe & Found Service”).
These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of and access to the Boost Safe & Found Service (“Safe & Found Terms”).
Your use of and access to the Safe & Found Service is governed by Boost’s General Terms and Conditions of Service (“Ts&Cs”), www.boostmobile.com/legal;
the information collected and used by the Safe & Found Service is described in its Privacy Notice, also available within the Safe & Found App; as well as any other
documents or materials that we provide or refer you to as described in the Ts&Cs (collectively, “Agreement”). By using the Safe & Found Service, you are agreeing to or accepting these Safe & Found Terms and you acknowledge that you have read and understand this Agreement, agree to its terms, and specifically consent to the collection of information as described in the Safe & Found Privacy Notice.
THE SAFE & FOUND APP IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 13. IF YOU ARE UNDER 13 YEARS OLD, YOU MAY NOT USE THE SAFE & FOUND APP OR PROVIDE BOOST WITH ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. IF YOU ARE 13 OR OLDER BUT NOT OF LEGAL AGE OR OTHERWISE WITHOUT CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO A CONTRACT, YOU SHOULD REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WITH YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU AND YOUR PARENT OR GUARDIAN UNDERSTAND THESE SAFE & FOUND TERMS.
For purposes of interpreting these Safe & Found Terms and the Ts&Cs with respect to the Safe & Found Service, the Safe & Found Service are included in the definition of “Services” in the Ts&Cs. Capitalized terms used and not defined in these Safe & Found Terms are used as defined in the Ts&Cs.
Boost may modify the Safe & Found Service, the Safe & Found Terms, and the Ts&Cs at any time in its sole discretion. When and how Boost will provide you notice of these changes is contained in the Ts&Cs or will otherwise be communicated to you. Your continued use of the Safe & Found Service following any change will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified Agreement. If you do not agree with the modifications, your sole and exclusive remedy is to stop using the Safe & Found Service.
- Mandatory Arbitration. As detailed in the Ts&Cs, you and Boost agree to a mandatory arbitration provision that provides that (except for matters properly brought to small claims court) any claim, controversy, or dispute of any kind between you and Boost must be resolved by final and binding arbitration on an individual and not a class-wide or consolidated basis.
- Consent to Email Communications. By creating an account for the Safe & Found Service, you consent to receiving text messages (SMS) related to the Safe & Found Service sent to the mobile number you enter as part of the account creation process. If you enter any other mobile numbers to invite them to join your family, you represent that the owners and/or authorized users of those mobile numbers have also provided their consent to receive the relevant text messages from us. You agree that you will promptly provide Boost with an updated email address if it changes. Boost may use the email address that you provide to communicate with you about the Safe & Found Service. Boost may also use your email address to tell you about Boost products and services unless you have asked not to receive marketing emails from Boost.
- Electronic Signature and Disclosure Consent Notice. You agree to the use of electronic documents and records in connection with your registration for Safe & Found Service and all future documents and records in connection with Safe & Found Service—including without limitation this electronic signature and disclosure notice—and that this use satisfies any requirement that we provide you these documents and their content in writing. If you do not agree, do not accept this Agreement. You have the right to receive a paper copy of all documents and records. You may (i) obtain a paper copy of any document or record (free of charge), (ii) withdraw your consent to the use of electronic documents and records, or (iii) update your contact information by calling Customer Care at 866-402-7366 or visit boostmobile.com. Your clicking on the “I accept” button indicates your signature and your acceptance of this notice.
- How Does Safe & Found Work? With Safe & Found, you can see your “family” devices on a private map, activate parental controls, and more. With Safe & Found you can create a family account with up to 5 family members and protect everyone with the following features: (a) Define safety areas and be automatically alerted when family members’ devices move in or out of these areas; (b) Locate family members’ devices in real time when app is downloaded; (c) Send a Panic Alert to all members in your Safe & Found account; (d) Restrict calls to/from your family devices (iOS only), (e) control when apps can be used, (f) filter URLs and (g) find, ring and lock and wipe (Android only)any family device if lost or stolen.
- Limitations. Due to limitations enforced by the iOS operating system, Safe & Found cannot guarantee that location/status information will be sent every 30 minutes to the server. To reduce the impact of this limitation, Safe & Found also relies on geo-fencing and location changes events that occur on the device to wake up and opportunistically send location/status information to the server. Nevertheless, the effectiveness of this approach ultimately depends on whether the device is moving or not. Boost disclaims any and all liability for lack of performance or service functionality of the Safe & Found App. In addition, due to the limitations enforced by the iOS operating system not all app functionality may be available. Please read the Boost Safe & Found FAQs for more information about how Safe & Found works.
- No Improper or Illegal Use. You agree that your use of the Safe & Found App will be solely for your lawful, personal use and for no other purpose. You will only request location information for devices assigned to your account, in the possession of individuals under your legal supervision, custody or control or for which you have obtained authorized consent to participate in the Service. Unlawful use of this service may carry criminal and/or civil penalties. You will not stalk, harass, harm, threaten or invade the privacy of any person. You also agree to follow all applicable laws and regulations.
- Location Consent; Availability and Accuracy. By using the Safe & Found App you understand that you have no expectation of privacy as to the location of your devices and you consent to Boost's review of the location of the devices that are enabled as part of the Safe & Found App. Boost does not guarantee the availability, accuracy, timeliness or completeness of location information and it may only be approximate, delayed or interrupted due to limiting factors such as coverage area, service type, location technology, device is disabled, on a call, sending messages, running applications, or the battery is drained, atmospheric, environmental and geographic conditions, satellite limitations, cell site location and information or other network conditions. Location accuracy may also be limited in rural and other areas where the Boost network coverage is limited.
- Safety. Use caution if and when providing location information to others and only share location information with those you trust. Please do not endanger yourself and others by using the Safe & Found App while driving or engaging in any other activity that requires your full attention. The Safe & Found App is not a substitute for adult supervision. Always use caution when displaying and disseminating personally identifiable information about your device, yourself, others or the location of yourself or other users to anyone else.